Our VISA Services
Free Immigration Assessment

Student visa

A student visa in Australia is a fantastic way to enjoy studying and life. Australia is a great place to study. Australia is known for its friendly, laid-back nature, excellent education system, and high standard of living.

Students are allowed to work up to 40 hours per fortnight while they are studying in Australia. They may also work unlimited hours during their study breaks. This is a great opportunity for students who want to earn money to help with living expenses during their stay, and for students who want to gain work experience in their field of interest while they study. This makes a student visa in Australia a fantastic thing to have, and our immigration agents are experts in the student visa process.

Prior to 1 July 2016, there were many types of Student visas. However, on 1 July 2016, student visas were consolidated and now there are only two students related visas.

Australia Student Visa Basic Requirements:
– Enroll with an Australian education provider as a full-time student, and obtain written confirmation of this enrolment (predominantly on-line
courses are not eligible)
– genuinely intend to complete the relevant period of study in Australia
– have the required level of English language proficiency unless exempt
– have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the period of your intended stay in Australia
– have access to sufficient funds to cover your return airfares, tuition fees and the cost of living in Australia, as well as costs required for any
dependents included in your application. The exact amount of funds a student requires is set by Department of Immigration and Border
Protection (DIBP), and is determined by your chosen education provider, your course of study and other personal circumstances

There are 2 categories of Australian student visas:

1. Student Visa (Subclass 500)
In order to be granted a student visa, an applicant must satisfy all legislative criteria.  This includes the requirement that the applicant is both a Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) and a Genuine Student. The applicants my Include member of their immediate family in their Student visa to Australia for the duration of their courses.

2. Student Guardian visa (Subclass 590)
This is a visa for parents or adult relatives of students, studying in Australia, and seeking to stay in Australia as the student´s guardian. Generally, the student must be younger than 18 years; exemptions apply